Precautions When Returning to Your Wilson County Home
Precautions When Returning to Your Home
Whether caused by a leak, a natural disaster, or any other type of issue, Gallatin water damage can be devastating for a home. Although we try to prevent water damage and purchase flood insurance, we cannot always stop the inevitable. The actions that you take immediately upon returning home will have a huge effect on how much Goodlettsville water damage is done and how long it takes to repair the house.
1. Ensure the water has stopped. Before you begin to repair the damage, or even live in your home, you must ensure that the source of the water has been cut off. This includes sealing a leak, turning off water to your home, or simply waiting until a flood has stopped.
2. Call your insurance company. It's important to notify your insurance company of the Hendersonville water damage as soon as possible. Even if you don't have flood coverage, they may be able to help you.
3. Dry the house. You will not be able to remove all the damage, but you should do your best. Mop or use a wet vacuum to remove water and dry both floors and walls as much as possible. Remove damaged carpeting and other textiles.
4. Keep good ventilation. Ventilation will help to dry out the home. In addition, the fresh air will discourage mold and mildew from forming and prevent Inglewood water damage from being the catalyst that destroys the home.
5. Check below the leak. Water flows downhill, so there will likely be water damage in the basement or in lower floors.
6. Have your home inspected for mold. Mold can be a health risk for occupants of your home. By the time you see green or black fuzz on your walls, floors, or fixtures, it is already too late. A trained inspector will likely be necessary in order to feel assured that you do not have mold inside your walls.
While Gallatin water damage is stressful, it does not have to ruin your home. As soon as you discover the damage, follow these steps and involve your insurance agent as early as possible.
Basement flooding or storm damage doesn't wait for regular business hours and neither do we. We respond to your residential or commercial water removal and cleanup needs. Our fast response time and advanced drying methods help prevent secondary damage and mold. Common causes of water damage are: