The U.S. Fire Administration reports that a small flame can turn into a major fire in just 30 seconds. Flames and smoke can fill the house in just a few minutes. SERVPRO of Wilson County will help you recover from fire damage. We hope you never need that kind of help. The best fire control is fire prevention.
Please take a moment to review these safety tips for fire prevention week October 7-13. We hope to help keep everyone safe.
SERVPRO of Wilson County offers these Tips for Fire Prevention:
- Items that can catch fire include: dish towels, oven mitts, paper, curtains, wooden spoons, decorations
- Heat sources include: light bulbs, fireplaces, stove tops, furnaces, candles, or electric heaters.
- Keep items that can catch fire at least 3 feet away from heat sources
- Keep kids at least 3 feet away from heat sources
- Turn off heat sources when you leave the home or go to bed
- Never use the oven as a heater
- Have the fireplace chimney inspected & cleaned once a year
SERVPRO of Wilson County suggests that you keep one or more fire extinguishers available.
Remember fire is fast. If there is a fire, leave and bring everyone with you. Call 9-1-1 from outside the home.