Mold Remediation vs Mold Removal
SERVPRO of Wilson County Presents: Mold Removal vs Mold Remediation
We cannot see mold spores without magnification. The spores can survive almost anything.
Mold removal is impossible.
- Get rid of all of the mold.
- Get rid of all the mold spores.
Mold starts growing within 24 hours of exposure to moisture.
SERVPRO of Wilson County can’t promise the impossible. It CAN promise mold remediation.
SERVPRO of Wilson County is licensed in mold remediation.
- Remove mold colonies.
- Throw out whatever mold has destroyed.
- Clean, dry, and disinfect the rest.
- Identify materials that stayed wet for over 24-48 hours.
- Throw out those items.
- Identify moisture sources
- leaking pipes
- standing water
- humidity (40% or higher)
- Stop the moisture = Prevent mold
By law, only licensed professionals can remediate large areas. A “large area” is 10 square feet or more.